"I will bet 20 000 pounds against anyone who wishes that I will make the tour of the world in 80 days or less; in 1920 hours, or 115200 minutes. Do you accept?"
"What a pleasure to visit new cities, meet with interesting people..." Genghis Khan
In 1899, Oliver Lavisheart, young adventurous Englishman, accepts to help his uncle Mathew to win a bet: going around the world in 80 days or less to collect proof that the wacky uncle has created 4 major inventions in 4 different cities all around the world. Oliver follows Phileas Fogg's tracks through Egypt, India, Japan, and finally to America. He has only 80 days, or his uncle will lose his bet and will be ruined.
For this trip you will become Oliver, and his secrets. You will also learn a lot about yourself, the truth about your family and the true nature of this incredible bet.
As the game progresses you will help a strange German Archeologist, rescue a distressed - not overly bright actress from Bollywood, organize a SM contest, win an elephant race, drive the biggest airship ever, find a way to make the Scottish tartan the coolest street wear worldwide, fool a shogun's samurai, burn your own boat to go faster, avoid the traps of inspector Fix's nasty son, get into disguise, bribe, steal...
Prepare yourself for the most interesting 80 days in your life!
• Based on Jules Verne's most read book!
• Real time 3D universe;
• High level real time 3D engine, clothes animation, lip-synch, shaders, particles system, sound engine...
• New incredible gameplay combining investigation, exploration, and stealth;
• Manage time, money, rest and food during your adventure;
• Absolute interactivity: you will speak, run, jump, climb, disguise sleep eat and even bribe;
• 100 characters to meet and interact with;
• Choose your level of difficulty: from tourist to raider;
• Drive vehicles from Elephants to an Airship;
- Windows 2000/XP
- Pentium or AMD Athlon 1GHz Processor
- 512MB RAM
- DirectX 9
- 2GB Hard Disk Space
Justadventures: ... one of the best adventures of 2005.
Gameboomers: 80 Days has one of the nicest user interfaces I have seen in a long time.
Gamezone: 80 Days is a solid adventure game that tries to do a few things different and succeeds.
Worthplaying: ... refreshing look at the genre that injects some much-needed fun.
Gamerseurope: ... 80 Days is set to take the adventure world by storm.